• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

cLOUDDEAD

Bluelighter
i've got a cyst on the inside of my eyebrow that i'm not too stoked on. i had one on the exact opposite for about a year, and after various steroid injections it's still present but small enough that it's unnoticeable. it seems to have decided to travel to the other side. the problem with getting steroid injections is that it causes it to swell for a day, maybe sometimes as much as two. i was wondering what sort of methods there are to get rid of it? i'm aware of:
surgery
continuing getting steroid injections.

either method, it leaves me unsightly. i'd rather not have stitches in my face as i'm very self conscious about it.

is there anything i can do myself to reduce it's size, so it's not on my mind during social gatherings?

Not really. I had a large-ish (golf ball sized) cyst in my back for a while, and in the end I just needed to get it surgically removed. It's not that unpleasant, although yes you will need some stitches. Short term issues for long term gain-- it's worth it.

I can recommend an excellent dermatologist-- IIRC you're in Edmonton too are you not? Has a bit of a waiting list though, so you'll want to get on it ASAP and get a referral. Send me a PM if you'd like.

A week or so. There's a little indented red spot where the cyst used to be, but I'll take that over the cyst any day. PM sent btw-- go see your GP at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.